CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Baptismal Day: "I Cried?!?" (Part 1: My Testimony)

My name is Natasha Liezl So
and today I wish to dedicate my life to our Lord and deliver my testimony.
In our family, I'm the eldest of four. I first came to know our Lord when I was 9 yrs. old.That was the same year I first went to church invited by some relatives and also my first time to join summercamp.
Since I studied in a Catholic school before, I had a whole different view of religion.We all know that Catholics pray memorized prayers, take communion as early as Grade One, have many rituals and they even worship Mary and the saints too. So back then, I was really confused with what our church teaches and what I learn in school and things weren't clear for me then. Even from the very start it really felt awkward for me to be talking and praying to a statue and a non - living thing which made me realize that something was wrong. But our gracious God gave way for me to a new Christian school.Now I study in St. Stephen's. I now have a clearer understanding of God's teachings. God even opened more ways for me to understand Him even more. The camps we have here in church really inspired and helped me a lot in growing my spiritual life and at the same time learning many things regarding the aspects of life. Serving Him in choir and also as an officer during our church camps made it even better for me.Knowing I can show my love and appreciation for Him. Glorifying Him with the gifts He had given me.As a teenager, ofcourse I meet challenges in my life. Whenever I felt weak or felt like I'm beginning to cry,
He was my strength, comforter and Father. I'd just pray to Him and then afterwards, I'd be alright.
It really felt like a miracle everytime that happens.
I'm just so glad that He chose me to be one of His children.He gave me the chance to know Him. He sent His Son to die for me and save me from sin so that I may be with Him in heaven someday. Iam a sinner, so undeserving and yet because of His great love and mercy He saved me.
I know I still have a very long journey to take and so many more things to know about Him, but I know I'll get through because He's here with me right by my side. I'd let Him use me, so that I maybe able to serve Him,
share the Gospel to other people out there inorder that they may also experience His great love just like we did.Life is a road, with many turns, dangers and detours where I might get lost, drive myself to the wrong way
and even get myself hurt.So now I let Jesus take the wheel. I let my life be controlled by Him and therefore I'm sure He'd take me to the right path to my Father in Heaven, hand in hand during that journey towards life.

0 comments: